Contact Admissions with Questions
Atlantic Acting School offers a limited number of tuition scholarships for select incoming students. When applying, students will be assessed for scholarship eligibility based upon their merit, overall promise, and financial need. Must be 18+ to apply.
Professional Conservatory Scholarships
Practical Aesthetics Scholarship:
atlantic’s annual full-TUITION award
The Practical Aesthetics Scholarship is Atlantic’s annual early action scholarship for each of our two professional conservatory programs: the Certificate Program- 2 years: Acting (Full-Time) and Evening Conservatories. Candidates are considered based on merit and need demonstrated by the overall strength of their audition and application. Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Admissions office at Atlantic Acting School.
One Practical Aesthetics full tuition scholarship recipient will be selected for each Conservatory program.
Multiple merit tuition scholarships ranging from $500 to $2000 are awarded during the Early Action period making it an excellent time to apply.
Practical Aesthetics Scholarship applications will be accepted annually in the fall. Must be a new student to apply.
Applications are now closed.
The New Voices & Global Perspectives Scholarships:
Applicable to either our Certificate Program- 2 years: Acting or Evening Conservatory programs: the New Voices Scholarship is for domestic applicants and the Global Perspectives Scholarship is for international applicants.
Both New Voices and Global Perspectives offer $2,000 of tuition scholarship for each year a student is enrolled. This is a unique opportunity to put your most creative personal self forward in a video submission format. We want to hear your story.
Must be a new applicant to apply.
Applications for the 2024 New Voices & Global Perspectives Scholarships open March 1.
New Voices Scholarship:
For Domestic Applicants
In addition to our general application materials, we want to understand what kind of a storyteller you are! In a two-minute video, please showcase what kind of storytelling excites you. What inspires you? What kind of art do you want to make? And how do you as an artist uniquely fit into this narrative? Be creative!
Applications for the 2024 New Voices Scholarship open March 1.
Global Perspectives Scholarship:
For International applicants
In addition to our general application materials, we want to understand what makes you “you!” In a two-minute video, please showcase how you define your personal identity in this global world. And how does your unique perspective and/or culture make you a better artist? Be creative!
Note: the M1 Visa is only provided for the Full-Time Conservatory. International students interested in attending the Evening Conservatory must obtain their own visa.
Applications for the 2024 Global Perspectives Scholarship open March 1.
The Mike and Janet Slosberg Scholarship:
FOR THE certificate program- 2 years: acting
Open to Domestic and International students, this scholarship seeks to support the programmatic costs of dedicated emerging artists as they engage in rigorous conservatory training at Atlantic. Awarded to Certificate Program- 2 years: Acting students based on merit and need, this scholarship offers a $5,000 tuition scholarship for the First year of training and $5,000 for the Second year of training. Two recipients are selected per year.
All applicants will be considered automatically for this award during the admissions process.
Summer Intensive Scholarships
Resident Artist Scholarship:
A full-tuition award For the experienced actor
Atlantic Acting School is pleased to announce the Resident Artist Scholarship, a new scholarship initiative awarded to an artist looking to continue and build upon their training at our six-week Summer Intensive. During this application period, one full tuition scholarship will be awarded. Select honorable mention awards will receive $200 of tuition scholarship. Immerse yourself in a lifelong artistic community while gaining a working and rigorous understanding of the Atlantic Technique, Practical Aesthetics.
In a two-minute video, please demonstrate how you hope Atlantic’s training will help you to further your career at this particular moment. What are you looking for? Why now? We also require a resume or CV demonstrating past work and your level of training. Be creative!
Applications for the 2024 Resident Artist Scholarship open December 11. Applications are due January 15.
Scholarship Application Requirements
General Application Materials:
- Headshot/Acting Resume
- Letter of Recommendation: Please submit one Letter of Recommendation. Letters should be from teachers, colleagues, employers, or professionals who can attest to your work ethic, talent, and dedication to your craft.
- Audition: All initial auditions will be submitted through a self-tape. Please prepare two contrasting contemporary monologues, each approximately two minutes in length, from a stage play and/or screenplay that you have read in its entirety. Videos should be shot in landscape framing and sent in a non-downloadable format – private YouTube link, Vimeo, etc.
- Scholarship: If applying for a scholarship, there may be supplemental materials needed.
Additional Scholarship Application Materials:
- Practical Aesthetics Scholarship Requirement: Personal Video Introduction: Tell us more about yourself, in your voice, beyond the information you have provided in your application and why you are interested in training at Atlantic. While there is no specific format, the video is an opportunity to share more about who you are and answer the question “Why Atlantic?” Simple and unrehearsed is fine and you are also welcome to be creative.
- New Voices Scholarship Requirement: In addition to our general application materials, we want to understand what kind of a storyteller you are! In a two-minute video, please showcase what kind of storytelling excites you. What inspires you? What kind of art do you want to make? And how do you as an artist uniquely fit into this narrative? Be creative!
- Global Perspectives Scholarship Requirement: In addition to our general application materials, we want to understand what makes you “you!” In a two-minute video, please showcase how you define your personal identity in this global world. And how does your unique perspective and/or culture make you a better artist? Be creative!
Federal Financial Aid
At this time, Atlantic Acting School does not participate in any student financial aid program through the Department of Education. Therefore, students are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid through FAFSA for any Atlantic Acting School program. Atlantic Acting School also is not a participating organization in the Plan 529 College Savings plan through the IRS.
Please Note: Our Work Study program was paused in late March 2019. Stay tuned for updates regarding when Work Study will be resumed.
Fully enrolled students have the opportunity to apply for a work study award of $500. Recipients will be chosen based on financial need and work study eligibility. All work study awards are applied directly to tuition costs and require approximately 30 hours of work.
Students must apply and be accepted into the Atlantic Acting School to qualify for scholarships. Scholarships can neither be deferred nor used for programs outside of those designated by the Office of Admissions.
In the event of a student withdrawing from or being dismissed from the program before the year’s completion, any scholarship awards will be forfeited. Students must remain in good standing with all school policies, attendance, and evaluations as well as fulfill all duties as an Atlantic student, per the student contract, in order to continue receiving their scholarship award.
Scholarship awards are only applicable towards program tuition; there will be no cash award given.